Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Intel Agilex FHT / FGT lane swapping

emrahener
Beginner

Hi,

We are using AGILEX AGIB027R31B2E2V FPGA .

For Implementing 100 G Ethernet we utilize 4 FHT lane (4x25) Bank 13C  Rx / Tx rx/tx_serial port Lane  0 connected to FHTR13C RX/TX CH0 . When I implement the FPGA design I receive an error which seems to disappear when I use Lane0 For rx/tx_serial port  (Inverse order) (0-1-2-3) => (3-2-1-0). We Finalized the PCB design so I want to learn If Lane reordering is handled in the IP core or not?

I have the same problem with interlaken IP. We use 12.5x12 Configuration (NRZ) and When I have the following connection on PCB. I get an error which disapper when I connect  in reverse order (0:11) => (11:0) . I want to ask same question does Lane swapping automatically handled in IP?

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH0  =Serial RX_Tx <0> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH1  =Serial RX_Tx <1> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH2 =Serial RX_Tx <2> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH3  =Serial RX_Tx <3> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q1_CH0  =Serial RX_Tx <4> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q1_CH1  =Serial RX_Tx <5> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q1_CH2 =Serial RX_Tx <6> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q1_CH3  =Serial RX_Tx <7> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q2_CH0  =Serial RX_Tx <8> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q2_CH1  =Serial RX_Tx <9> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q2_CH2 =Serial RX_Tx <10> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q2_CH3  =Serial RX_Tx <11> 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

The lane swapping is not automatically done in IP. The parameter has to be set to determine the kind of swapping that you're working on. Please refer Interlaken UG for more details.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683338/22-1/swap-tx-lanes-and-swap-rx-lanes-data.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
emrahener
Beginner

Hi Pavee,

How about 100 G Ethernet IP. Design including Ethernet IP implements when we have the reverse order. Can you comment on this ? Intel Dev Kits (Agilex I-Series Transceiver-SoC Development Kit) have different bit ordering for FHT implementations for different QSFP connectors.

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH0  =Serial RX_Tx <3> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH1  =Serial RX_Tx <2> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH2 =Serial RX_Tx <1> 

FGTR13A_TX/RX_Q0_CH3  =Serial RX_Tx <0> 

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Here's a detailed answer for your question. Apologize for the delayed response

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/articles/000082955.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. 

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos
emrahener
Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I have no further questions on this issue for now. 

Kind Regards

Emrah ENER

0 Kudos
jmcguire3
Novice

Bump.  F-tiles appear to have bus-twist issues in Quartus.  More info here:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/Agilex-F-Tile-bus-reversal-twist/m-p/1559892#M94136

0 Kudos