Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Intel Arria 10 AS Configuration Pins reuse for I/O

mustafa3
Beginner

Hi,

Is it possible to use AS_DATA, DCLK , nCSo pins as a user I/O after FPGA configuration .(for Intel Arria 10 SoC)

Is it possible to use same flash for configuration and also for write/read access after configuration?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello, 

You may want to refer to this link : https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683814/current/optional-dual-purpose-configuration-pins.html

Unfortunately, the pins for AS configuration in Arria 10 devices are all configuration dedicated pins, and cannot be used as GPIOs.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos
mustafa3
Beginner

Hi @Farabi ,

Thanks for explanations and document. I see that these pins are not allowable for general I/O.

However, what i want to do is using a QSPI Flash ( which  is Micron MT25Q in my case) connected to AS pins of Intel Arria 10.

Then by using a Generel Serial Flash Interface IP, i want to boot from QSPI Flash and also i want to read/write to additional part of the flash other than boot section.

I think all following actions are possible with using GSFI IP for a QSPI Flash connected to AS pins:

1. Boot from QSPI Flash through AS pins.

2. Boot from SD/MMC AND use AS pins to read/write QSPI Flash.

3. Boot from QSPI Flash through AS pins AND use AS pins to read/write QSPI Flash.

Thanks

Mustafa

0 Kudos
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

regards,
Farabi

0 Kudos