Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Intel Cyclone 10 LP FPGA DATA0 and DCLK waveforms

LakshmiPriya
Beginner

Hi,

What is the expected waveform on DCLK and DATA0. I am seeing something as in the attached files. The waveform looks different for the first few cycles and changes in voltage levels after that. And none of them are square waves. Is this an acceptable waveform?

PS: We have no issues in configuring the FPGA. We are able to read and write well.

Thanks,

Priya

0 Kudos
1 Solution
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

particularly the DCLK waveform doesn't look acceptable to me, the slow risetime is at risk to cause double clock edges at the receiver.

I guess you are performing PS configuration with open drain drivers, e.g. generated by a x51 processor. You should add pull-up resistors to the DCLK and DATA0 lines, or configure push-pull drivers if possible.

P.S., please use compressed file format, .jpg or png if you want to post graphics.

Frank 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FvM
Valued Contributor III

Hello,

particularly the DCLK waveform doesn't look acceptable to me, the slow risetime is at risk to cause double clock edges at the receiver.

I guess you are performing PS configuration with open drain drivers, e.g. generated by a x51 processor. You should add pull-up resistors to the DCLK and DATA0 lines, or configure push-pull drivers if possible.

P.S., please use compressed file format, .jpg or png if you want to post graphics.

Frank 

AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hello Priya,

Does the solution provided solved your issue?

0 Kudos
LakshmiPriya
Beginner

Yes, I disabled the open drain drive and it looks good now.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Thank you for confirming this, Priya. I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Have a nice day

0 Kudos