Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Intel Stratix 10 10GBASE-KR PHY IP Core

Joshua_Willson
Beginner

In the Intel® Stratix® 10 10GBASE-KR PHY IP Core User Guide, Table 25 says a "-"  for Stratix 10 IP  Variant supporting IEEE 1588 support. I am looking on using this IP with the low latency 10G MAC. Will this just mean I will need to support inserting the time stamp into the packet. Or can I NOT implement PTP at all? 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for submitting the issue.

Allow me have some time to investigate on your case and I will get back to you with findings.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi Joshua,

In the Intel® Stratix® 10 10GBASE-KR PHY IP Core User Guide, "-"  means the IEEE 1588 currently is not available for Stratix 10 IP Variant. 

If you wish to implement 10Gbe with IEEE 1588 support, I would suggest you look into the link of example design  below, 

https://www.rocketboards.org/foswiki/Projects/Stratix10SoCDesignExampleFor10GbeWithIEEE1588PTPCapability212?erpm_id=12268089_ts1673227736980

The example design use the Stratix 10 Soc dev kit with LL 10Gbe MAC and Multi-rate Ethernet PHY.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
Joshua_Willson
Beginner

Hi Zi Ying,

So I need to implement 10GBASE-KR. I dont believe you can do that using the multi-rate phy?

Best,

-Josh 

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi Joshua,

Since IEEE 1588 is not supported by the presets of Stratix 10, you are required to insert the time stamp into the packet if you wish to use PTP.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos
ZiYing_Intel
Employee

Hi Joshua,

Since long time no hear any feedback from you, I am now close the case.

If you still have any question after the case closed, please do feel free to submit another issue.

Best regards,

Zi Ying

0 Kudos