Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Is there a USB library for HPS of Cyclone V SoCFPGA?

AWhit33
Beginner

I'm planning a project to create a device based around a Cyclone V SoCFPGA. It will use the HSP USB as a USB device that connects to a host computer. I'm trying to find a USB library for this chip. I have examined the HWLib downloaded from Intel and it contains code for many HW peripherals but not the USB controller. Does anyone know of such a library? I want to use it with an RTOS (still to be chosen) but could adapt a baremetal library if necessary.

Tony

One thing I should add is that most of the RTOS's I've looked at so far also lack support for USB device mode.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

there is no USB device support in HWLib.

You can use Linux to get the full support of USB devices. When you compile your Linux kernel, you can find plenty of USB drivers when using menuconfig to enable/disable your system drivers.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AWhit33
Beginner

I'm very fond of Linux, it's my preferred desktop environment. However, for this application I need something much much smaller for cost - 1MB QSPI instead of SD-Card - and for performance - executable and data that will all fit into L2 cache, so I'm looking into RTOS or baremetal solutions.

The USB stack from HCC seems like my best option so far.

Fawaz_Al-Jubori
Employee

Hello,

I have searched around and couldnt find any RTOS or bare-metal application for USB.

Thank you

0 Kudos