Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Issue in using FPGA nodes on devcloud

adarsh_m
Beginner

hello ,

i keep getting these errors can someone help me out.

Makefile:14: *** Set INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT to the root directory of the Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM) software installation. Stop.
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 6: /etc/kill-illegit-procs.cfg: No such file or directory
/usr/sbin/kill-illegit-procs: line 6: /etc/kill-illegit-procs.cfg: No such file or directory

0 Kudos
7 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @adarsh_m,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum and hope all is well.
Mind if I ask on which node that you are facing the error? As well as which example design are you compiling with which command?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
adarsh_m
Beginner

Thanks for responding @BoonBengT_Intel 

hello ,

i am submitting Jobs on FPGA nodes available on Devcloud . i am compiling using Makefile and submitting using  qsub as shown below part of Makefile and submission steps

Makefile part
_________________________________________________________________________________
fpga : CXXFLAGS += -DFPGA
fpga : cleanfpga \
$(TARGET_DIR)/$(TARGETHfpga)
aoc -v ${CLFILENAME}.cl -o bin/${CLFILENAME}.aocx
d=$$(date +%s%N)\
        ; cd $(TARGET_DIR) &&  ./$(TARGETHfpga) \
         && echo " ______________________$@ Build took $$(($$(($$(date +%s%N)-d))/1000000)) mili seconds____________________"

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Submission using :
_______________________________________________________________________________________

" qsub -l walltime=24:00:00 -l nodes=1:fpga:ppn=2 -d . fpga "
0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @adarsh_m,

Thanks for the details, is it correct to say that you are trying to execute a Opencl kernel design on an FPGA?
I am still trying to understand the situation or to simulate the issues, will it be possible for you to share the example design you are building and makefile that you using to compile.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
adarsh_m
Beginner

HELLO @BoonBengT_Intel  yes i am trying to run OpenCL kernel  design on FPGA

0 Kudos
adarsh_m
Beginner

PFA ,Makefile and kernel file nbody.cl also can you tell why only one job gets to run previously 3-5 jobs would start running .These days except one all remain in queue waiting.

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @adarsh_m,

Apologies for the hold up, if above qsub command are run in the headnode, sometimes it might cause error such as missing files/dependencies.
Hence, recommended steps for that is to use the devcloud_login command to access the desire nodes with kits, and run the batch command.
Please do try and let us know if that helps.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @adarsh_m,

Greetings, as we do not receive any further clarification on what is provided, we would assume challenge are resolved. Hence thread will no longer monitor this thread. For new queries, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be right with you. Pleasure having you here.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos