Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20687 Discussions

Issue with Serial port block mode operation in quartus 18.1 standard edition

Jayeshkumar
Beginner

Hi,

We are trying to use serial port in block mode and fetching data using getc function and it is getting stuck while fetching data and not coming out.

The same code was working fine with Quartus 15.0 but the issue we are facing with Quartus 18.1

Please let us know if something need to be done with this 18.1 version of Quartus to make serial port fetching data works properly in block mode?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jayeshkumar
Beginner

I have checked the provided html links and also confirmed that what suggestion given in links are fulfilled by my nios II bsp settings but still getc is not working when uart port is open in blocking mode.

Please kindly help to resolve the issue.  

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you provide a sample code for reviewing?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I further thought about the problem and then I found out may be something wrong with the IP in platform designer. May be some IPs are missing when you try to compile in newer version Quartus 18.1. Probably you can try to recreate the design in Quartus 18.1 and regenerate the IPs in Platform designer and BSP.

Or may be you can provide the design file for further debugging.

0 Kudos
Jayeshkumar
Beginner

Hi,

We found the bug in our c code, now the issue is resolved. Please close the case.

Thanks  

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Glad to hear that your issue has been resolved.

I'll now transition this thread to community support.

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Thank you.

0 Kudos