Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

JTAG To Avalon Master Bridge sld node index or name set

GBovi
Beginner

When I instantiate the JTAGToAvalonMasterBridge, I need to choose the jtag index of this master. Because if I add another bridge I don't want the index of the existing ones changes. Another solution is a way to univocally choose the name of the master I see in SystemConsole with get_service_paths. With a fixed name I can get the corresponding index, even if it's changed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

You can get the list of all master services using get_service_paths in your System Console, and then assign a variable name to the first index of the list and so on.

set masters [get_service_paths master]

set master [lindex $masters 0]

open_service master $master

close_service master $master

Am I answering your question ?

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos
GBovi
Beginner

Thank for your reply Eric. This is not my problem.

I can explain it with your example.

I call master_0, master_1 and so on, different variables associated with different masters of my project.

Let's say master_0=JTAG2Avln and master_1=Nios

If now i want to add another master (for example another NIOS) to my project, the order can be redefined and I cannot use the same tcl source

Quartus has an automated system of index association to JTAG nodes.

But I have solved using Design functions. Loading a Design I have always the same symbolic name linked to the JTAG master, whatever index calculated.

It's a solution, even if not so flexible, and I'm still trying to solve on the FPGA side, locking JTAG SLD Index of each master.

Thank you Eric

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

The instance index numbers are assigned by Quartus automatically during enumeration. I think user cannot directly determine how the index numbers are assigned.

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

Can we close this case ?

Thanks.

Eric

0 Kudos