Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19345 Discussions

JTAG To Avalon Master Bridge sld node index or name set

GBovi
Beginner

When I instantiate the JTAGToAvalonMasterBridge, I need to choose the jtag index of this master. Because if I add another bridge I don't want the index of the existing ones changes. Another solution is a way to univocally choose the name of the master I see in SystemConsole with get_service_paths. With a fixed name I can get the corresponding index, even if it's changed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

You can get the list of all master services using get_service_paths in your System Console, and then assign a variable name to the first index of the list and so on.

set masters [get_service_paths master]

set master [lindex $masters 0]

open_service master $master

close_service master $master

Am I answering your question ?

Thanks.

Eric

GBovi
Beginner

Thank for your reply Eric. This is not my problem.

I can explain it with your example.

I call master_0, master_1 and so on, different variables associated with different masters of my project.

Let's say master_0=JTAG2Avln and master_1=Nios

If now i want to add another master (for example another NIOS) to my project, the order can be redefined and I cannot use the same tcl source

Quartus has an automated system of index association to JTAG nodes.

But I have solved using Design functions. Loading a Design I have always the same symbolic name linked to the JTAG master, whatever index calculated.

It's a solution, even if not so flexible, and I'm still trying to solve on the FPGA side, locking JTAG SLD Index of each master.

Thank you Eric

EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

The instance index numbers are assigned by Quartus automatically during enumeration. I think user cannot directly determine how the index numbers are assigned.

Thanks.

Eric

EricMunYew_C_Intel

Hi, Giorgio

Can we close this case ?

Thanks.

Eric