Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Jtag- Unable to program FPGA

Marco2022
Beginner

Good Morning All. 

I'm new here and would like to ask a question if you don't mind.

I'm trying to program a Cyclone III FPGA (see attachment) using ByteBlaster and Quartus Software.  The FPGA  is already installed on board.

When I click auto detect I got a error -Please see Attachment.

I have a good board  that I tested. My setup is good. I'm having problems with the other board.

I checked all voltages and connections from the Jtag connector to the FPGA.- TDI,TDO, TMS and TCK. The 2.5V from CCA to ByteBluster is fine too.

I was wonder if anything else need to be present on the FPGA- connections for the  Auto-Detect to see the chip. 

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Marco

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Farabi
Employee

Hello,

From the JTAG Chain debugger, there is error on TDI connection.

To further debug on this, we need a oscilloscope capture what happen to the JTAG signals during configuration for this device. Please provide the TCK, TDO, TDI scope shot.

regards,

Farabi

0 Kudos
Marco2022
Beginner

Any real person from Intel that I can call ? The  red tape ,bureaucratic process and infinity number of pages to sign and forms the fill  is not working for me as a costumer.

0 Kudos
Marco2022
Beginner

Hello, Thanks for taking the time replying to my Question. 

My setup is working. I tried with good boards. TCK,TDI and TMS come out from the cable but stop running at one point. TDO is not coming out from FPGA  during the process.  There no short to ground or short to VCC to any of this signals. There is continuity from the Jtag connector pins  to the FPGA for TCK,TDI,TDO and TMS. There not short between any of the signals.  

Farabi, Do you have a phone number from  Intel I can call you ? 

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Per your description, you are having problem with only one board? When you tested with other board, all is working fine?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Marco2022
Beginner
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I believe my team has sent you an email last week to set up a call? Did you received it?

Have you try to use another USB Blaster?

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos