Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Kit DE2i-150 Atom Boot problem

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have a brand new Kit DE2i-150 and today it stops booting. 

I was using the FPGA with a simple module and, after I download the module into the FPGA, I rebooted the Yocto using only the command "reboot" at the terminal. After this, the OS didn't come back. No Video, No BIOS, No Beep...nothing. However, the FPGA layer is (apparently) working. The FPGA's start test is running, the FPGA's VGA returns video and when I download the ControlPanel sample, it (apparently) works. 

I didn't make any physical manipulation on the board. Only software manipulation. 

Does anybody here has this problem? Does anybody knows how to solve this? 

Thanks guys!
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I solved the problem and I found interesting to notice you guys about the failure. 

Yesterday, during the use of the the board, we had a blackout here, but, because of the power generator, the computers (including the board) continued working. 

I thought this power oscillation did not cause any problem, exactly because the board continued working. But after the reboot, the BIOS failure appeared. 

So, the problems was that the power oscillation corrupted the BIOS. To solve this failure is just took out the board's battery for about 5 - 10 min. 

I turned on without the battery and the board worked well. Then a put back the battery and it is working normally still now.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Apology. This kit comes with the 64GB mSATA SSD, does anyone know?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thanks for the solution. My terasic DE2i-150 board had the same problem and I fixed with your recommendation.

0 Kudos