Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

LVDS SERDES Transmitter / Receiver IP

CHARLES_Antoine

Hello,

I am trying to design a VHDL program with the ALTLVDS_RX and ALTLVDS_TX IPs. I can't find any example on your site, and the clocking system with the fractional PLL is giving me problems. I would need to cascade the PLLs but I want to use the internal PLL for each IP.

Do you have any solution to propose me on the design of the clock signal between the 2 IP ?

I looked at all the documentation I found on your site on this subject ( LVDS SERDES TRANSMITTER / RECEIVER , Handbook)

Thanking you in advance !!!!

Antoine

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Couple of things:

1) The ALTLVDS IP does not support single-ended I/O standard. So, the rx_in and tx_out pins should be assigned I/O standard as LVDS.

2) Next, when you assign it as LVDS, you need to insert an ALTIOBUF in differential mode for each of the IP.

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which FPGA device family are you planning to target.

Regards

0 Kudos
CHARLES_Antoine

Hi, 

I use the FPGA cyclone V GX.

Regards

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am not sure of the type of application you are looing for. You may wan to check on the Intel design store. Design Store for Intel® FPGAs

In case you want to debug the issues that you are facing in your custom design, you may want to look into knowledge database. Go to Knowledge Data Base Search (intel.com) and search for ALTLVDS.

We can also help you with any specific error or issue you may be facing.

Regards.

0 Kudos
CHARLES_Antoine

hi I have this problem on quartus and i don't find a solution for my system. I can send you my Quartus project. 

CHARLES_Antoine_0-1626415013455.png

0 Kudos
CHARLES_Antoine

I would just like to start by making these two IPs proposed by quartus work

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Couple of things:

1) The ALTLVDS IP does not support single-ended I/O standard. So, the rx_in and tx_out pins should be assigned I/O standard as LVDS.

2) Next, when you assign it as LVDS, you need to insert an ALTIOBUF in differential mode for each of the IP.

Regards

0 Kudos