Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

Lid Removal

Ed6
Novice

What is the temperature needed to soften the adhesive between the lid and die of the programmable gate array FPGA 10AX066N2F40I1HG?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ed6
Novice

Yes; we spoke with the SME last night and obtained our answer plus a way to answer future questions through the Premier Service.  Thank you very much for your help!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
AndrewG_Intel

Hello Ed6

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

After checking your inquiry, we noticed it is regarding Intel® Arria 10 GX FPGA - Field Programmable Gate Array (part number 10AX066N2F40I1HG). We have a forum for these specific products and inquiries so we are moving this to the Programmable Devices forum so it can get answered more quickly.

https://community.intel.com/t5/Programmable-Devices/bd-p/programmable-devices

Best regards,

Andrew G.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Are you referring to process reflow? If yes, kindly go to the link below for further information:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/an/an353.pdf

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ed6
Novice
  1. Hi -
  2. No; we are performing a Destructive Physical Analysis (DPA) on these parts as required by the US Department Of Defense.  We are not trying to solder this IC to a board.  We are trying to remove the lid to be able to perform Scanning Acoustic Microscopy on the part.  How would you recommend that we remove the lid from the part without damaging the internal parts?
0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Per my understanding, you are referring to the reliability report,:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/rr/rr.pdf

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ed6
Novice

Unfortunately, that did not tell me how to remove the lid from the IC without damaging the die and other internal components.  Can you please provide the process we can follow to remove the metal lid from the Integrated Circuit without damaging the die and other internal components.  It appears the metal lid is held on to the die by an epoxy.

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I have response to you in forum email.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ed6,

I have emailed you the contact person for further action. Please take a look and let me know once you contacted the person.

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
BD28
Beginner

Hi Aiman,

who is the contact engineer that has the solution for this issue?

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Do you have any update? Have you contacted the person in the email that I have sent you?

Thank you.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Ed6
Novice

Yes; we spoke with the SME last night and obtained our answer plus a way to answer future questions through the Premier Service.  Thank you very much for your help!

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your update. I will close this case. In the future, kindly use IPS for further support.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos