Looking for alternates replacement for EP3C16E144C8N

Sh6660
Beginner

Hi,

We use the following FPGAs in our products

- ALTERA EP3C16E144C8N
- ALTERA EP3C16E144C7N
- ALTERA EP3C16E144I7N

All parts are same but different speed grade.

Unfortunate we cannot locate any of the parts in stock, was hoping to find an alternate in the same pin configuration? Or that doesnt need any hardware change.

https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Intel-Altera/EP3C16E144C7N?qs=jblrfmjbeiGu7mowDJ5L9g%3D%3D

Any help is very much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Shoaib

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

That CycloneIII part is still in active production by Intel. It is just massively supply constrained, like just about all FPGA parts these days.

There may be other series parts (like the MAX II) that have a direct, or close to it, compatible package and footprint.

But you aren't going to be able to buy those, either. They will all show us back-ordered/unavailable.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi Shoaib,

I understand your upset about the supply-constrained.

For your question, there are some other alternative packages for the EP3C16E144 as you mentioned. You can refer to Chapter 1, PG4, from the link below:

Cyclone III Device Handbook (intel.co.jp)

You can check from table 1-2, the vertical arrow at the E144 column indicates the device migration pin with the same design. You can refer to your FAE or local reseller to check the respective device's availability.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
AqidAyman_Intel
Employee

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread.

Thank you.

0 Kudos