Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Loss of configuration (deprogram) of a MAX10 (10M04SCE144I7G) after specific time

EPére4
Beginner

Hello all,

I have been programming a design in my FPGA in PCB (not evaluation board) and everything seems ok except for the fact that after programming the bitstream specifically after 94 seconds the FPGA resets suddently.

I've disabled nCONFIG, nSTATUS pins and checked compatibility pins with their voltage levels, also checked the power supply for glitches and nothing does anyone have an idea of what it could be?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

1. May I know what do you mean by FPGA reset suddenly?
  2. Is it being reprogrammed?
  3. How do you detect it?
  4. How do you disabled nConfig and nStatus pin? This should be a dedicated pins. Have you performed measurement on this pin to see anything happening around the 94 seconds?
0 Kudos
EPére4
Beginner

Hello,

1. Maybe the word reset is certainly not the word...perhaps just lost of configuration. The outputs tristated, data lost in the memory elements, lost of com's with the Quartus GUI using JTAG (ie In System Memory Content Editor or Signal Tap Logic Analyzer)
  2. The effect described in point 1 was happening one minute and a half (94 seconds) after reprogramming the device.
  3. The behaviour was the expected one for the first 94 seconds and after none of the I/O or the behaviour were ok.
  4. I meant by the using the enable option in the Device and Pin Options of the Altera Quartus, unchecking the enable of the nSTATUS and nCONFIG pins.

Whatever it was I erased and blanck-checked the flash and reprogrammed again the SRAM and all the problems are gone.

Thanks for the reply JohnT.

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi.

I am glad to hear that the issue is no longer seen after erasing and reprogramming the flash.

0 Kudos