Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers

MAX 10 ADC

Alina310199
Beginner

Hello, guys! I really need your help. I have a fpga MAX10 10M50DAF484C6G Development Kit and I want to write a code in verilog or vhdl so that when I move the potentiometer to light different LEDs. For example, if my potentiometer is at 0.5V, my LED 1 will light up, if it is between 0.56-1 V, my LED 2 will light up and so on. In total I have 5 LEDs. The max value is 2.5V. I read a lot about ADC. I know that there is a formula that calculates the conversion from analog to digital, more precisely Digital Code = Vin / Vref) × 2 ^ 12 where Vin is the voltage from the potentiometer and Vref is 2.5 V, but I don't know how to implement it in verilog or vhdl. Can someone help me?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You could make use of the threshold feature for each ADC channel to provide an indication on an additional IP interface of when a particular voltage is hit.

As for measuring the exact voltage, the easiest formula is ((digital value x (full scale voltage/4096)) - (full scale voltage/4096)).  You need to subtract 1 step (LSB) because full scale (0xfff) is actually 1 step lower, which is common with ADCs.  So for a 2.5 V range (without using the extra prescaler) each step is 610.35 uV.

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Alina,

May I know if you have any other further questions on this?

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi Alina,

Since there are no feedback for this thread, I shall set this thread to close pending. If you still need further assistance, you are welcome reopen this thread within 20days or open a new thread, some one will be right with you.

Thanks.

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos