Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFahr2
Beginner

MAX 10 Remote System Upgrade using an MCU and a serial interface - any discrete examples?

Hi all,

I've been through the documentation and the forums, as well as the training course OMAXRSU101 (seems like OMAXRSU102 has been deleted), and I think I got the concept of the remote upgrade ok.

However, all examples I've seen so far use a Nios II processor as a serial slave that then writes into the config mem space. Is there an actual example, project file or document that explains in detail how to implement the same functionality as a discrete design?

I saw there is one project using I2C between a MAX10_08 and MAX10_50 where the 08 acts as a slave, which is what I need, but I could not find the project or the example for that slave.

Thanks,

Alberto

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ahmed_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi Alberto,

The available examples help you just to get the idea of the simple socket server as a start point, unfortunately, there is no direct example of a discrete application.

The I2C example show you how to make one board as a master to update another board connected to it via I2C.

Regards,