Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

MAX10 ADC Sampling Issue after Power On

swtsven
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using a MAX10 (10M05DAF...) with a Nios 2 Processor. For the ADC the "Modular Dual ADC Core Intel FPGA IP" is used. Under some circumstances the sample_store registers never get filled with ADC values (all 0x00). Probably the ADC Sequencer does not run or has a problem.

Sometimes, everything works properly. To reach one of the mentioned "states" a reboot and reprogramming is required since we are running everything from volatile memory.

Facts:

- the VCC_3V3_Good signal is used as main reset_n and is high 1 ms before the VCC_2V5 is ready 

- Bank 1A (ADC bank) is supplied by VCC_2V5

What did I notice?:

- I tried different initialisation sequences in software and sometimes after a reboot the software got stuck in this loop:

swtsven_0-1624531057897.png

(function: adc_recalibrate(SEQ_BASE))

- I tried to delay the VCC_2V5 for about 100 ms on a "good tested" HW and couldn't reproduce the ADC issue. The 1 ms delay of the power supplies does not seem to be the cause.

Thank you for your help.

Cheers, Sven

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi Sven,

Please do following checks:

1) Is the clock required for the ADC is stable and coming from a correct source? You may refer https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/sam1393576011848.html#sam1393998480409

2) Check all the connections are done as recommended in the Pin Connection Guidelines, https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/luo1479889762304.html#hva1480571405018

Regards.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos