Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

MAX10 User-Specified ADC Logic Simulation Output

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

According the MAX 10 Analog to Digital Converter User guide: 

"You can  

configure the Altera Modular ADC or Altera Modular Dual ADC IP core to output user-specified  

values in the logic simulation for each ADC channel except the TSD channel.If you enable this feature, you must provide a simulation stimulus input  

file for each ADC channel thatyou enable. The logic simulation reads the input file for each channel and outputs the value of the currentsequence. Once the simulation reaches the end of the file, it repeats from the beginning of the sequence. 

The  

stimulus input file is a plain text file that contains two columns of numbers:• The first column of numbers is ignored by the simulation model. You can use any values that you wantsuch as time or sequence. The actual data sequencing is based on the text rows. 

• The second column contains the voltage values." 

Where can I enable this feature? I can not find this in the Qsys GUI. Does anybody know where to enable?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Rene, 

what is your Quartus Prime version? I think you need at least 16.0 to use this feature before it had not been supported. 

Cheers, 

fade
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi Rene, 

what is your Quartus Prime version? I think you need at least 16.0 to use this feature before it had not been supported. 

Cheers, 

fade 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi fade, I'm using 15.1...so I will install 16.1 to see if the feature is available.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi fade, I'm using 15.1...so I will install 16.1 to see if the feature is available. 

--- Quote End ---  

Hi Fade, I installed version 16.1 and this fixed the issue. Thanks for your help!
0 Kudos