Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

MAX10 onchip flash with quartus prime light

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi everyone, 

After upgraded to Quartus Prime, I have a strange error when compiling the onchip_flash ip module: 

Warning (332060): Node: altera_onchip_flash:onchip_flash_0|altera_onchip_flash_avmm_data_controller:avmm_data_controller|read_state.READ_STATE_SETUP was determined to be a clock but was found without an associated clock assignment. 

--> Info (13166): Register altera_onchip_flash:onchip_flash_0|altera_onchip_flash_block:altera_onchip_flash_block|ufm_block~XE_YE_TO_SE_FF is being clocked by altera_onchip_flash:onchip_flash_0|altera_onchip_flash_avmm_data_controller:avmm_data_controller|read_state.READ_STATE_SETUP 

It seems that one signal from the internal state machine of the onchip_flash module is considered as a clock, I have tried with different projects, tried to define a clock on this signal based on the internal osc of the onchip_flash (it says then that there are no path between them), tried to change the settings regarding state machine, but no success! 

if Someone have an idea I would really appreciate! 

It's just a warning but then the timing requirements are not met, Fmax is arround 7MHz instead of 100MHz withtout the onchip_flash module! 

Many Thanks,
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I have the same problem. This internal signal is considered as a clock but has no constraint on it so my design fails the timing. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Kudos