Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

MAX10M04 / Quartus Prime Lite Edition

Gigiz
Beginner

Good morning,
I'm completing a project with MAX10M04 FPGA and Quartus Prime 20.1 Lite Edition software.
The project is in the final phase, everything works fine but I have a very strange problem: I used the schematic for the whole FPGA project and using the same component I built "1Encoder" four times it gives me problems just by connecting the hardware of the 4th component.
Not connecting this all the whole project works perfectly.
Are there any limitations using the "Lite Edition"?
I attach the FPGA project and the wiring diagram of my board.
Thanks.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
Gigiz
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

I'm trying to understand the problem...

Yes connecting directly to ground this two signals all 4 encoders running properly, all board running without problems.

These 2 signals are only for monitor and have not particular functionality on the board.

Best regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Gigi,

It's best to investigate this problem with an RTL simulation. These signals might be affected by other signals or the clock hence behaving unexpectedly.

I know it'll take some time to do that so you can just come back here for consultation on that whenever you're ready.

Best regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Gigiz
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

How can I start RTL simulation ?

In Tools- Run Simulation tool - RTL simulation

I have the message: You did not specify EDA simulation tool.

Is possible to do it with Quartus Prime Lite Edition ?

Quartus Prime Lite Edition has expired time functionality and support ?

If so, how is possible expand this time ?

Can I continue to use Quartus Prime Lite Edition without buy standard/pro version ?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Gigi,

Sorry for coming back to you so late.

You can perform this on the Lite version. You first need to specify your EDA tool.

Go to Assignments->Settings->EDA Tool Settings then set to ModelSim or ModelSim-Altera

Then under Tools->Options->General->EDA Tool Options set the path of the tool you chose to "C:/intelFPGA_lite/20.1/modelsim_ase/win32aloem"

You can also try SignalTap, this would allow you to spot check a couple I/O signals and observe the signals. 

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Gigi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

PS: If you find any comment from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, feel free to give Kudos.

0 Kudos
Gigiz
Beginner

Hello Nurina,

I have not solve the problem yet.

Regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Gigi,

I suggest you open a new case if you come across a problem in the future so that it will be easier for the community to navigate in case they come across the same problem as you are now dealing with a different tool on Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Gigiz
Beginner

Hello Nurina,

I want to inform you that I have solved the problem, thanks.

Best regards,

Gigi

0 Kudos