Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Mapping block RAMs to specific address space

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to load my program to a Block RAM using Data2mem, after the bitfile is generated. Here are the steps: 

1. I have generated a BLOCK RAM as single port ROM with 32 bit-width and 16384 bit-depth. 

2. Then translated the design without any BMM file and looked at the PlanAhead tool to see which BRAM are used and which ramloop is assigned. There are 15 ramloop lines. There are 14 PRIM36 primitives and 1 PRIM18 primitive as shown below: 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[0].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM18.SP **(RAMB18)** 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[1].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP **(RAMB36_EXP)** 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[2].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP (RAMB36_EXP) 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[3].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP (RAMB36_EXP) 

⋮⋮ 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[14].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP (RAMB36_EXP) 

1. I wrote the following .BMM file for address the ROM from 0x0000 to 0xFFFF. and add it to the xilinx project. 

ADDRESS_SPACE pr_mem1 RAMB32 [0x00000000:0x0000ffff]BUS_BLOCK 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[0].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM18.SP [31:0]; END_BUS_BLOCK; BUS_BLOCK 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[1].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP [31:0]; END_BUS_BLOCK; BUS_BLOCK 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[2].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP [31:0]; END_BUS_BLOCK; BUS_BLOCK 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[3].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP [31:0]; END_BUS_BLOCK; BUS_BLOCK 

⋮⋮ 

BROM_instance/U0/xst_blk_mem_generator/gnativebmg.native_blk_mem_gen/valid.cstr/ramloop[14].ram.r/v5_init.ram/SP.SINGLE_PRIM36.SP [31:0]; END_BUS_BLOCK; END_ADDRESS_SPACE; 

1. But when I tried to compile it again it gives me the error: 

ERROR:Data2MEM:29 - Inconsistent address space size in ADDRESS_SPACE 'pr_mem1'. 

Can you please help me out where the error is occurring? Is ramloop[xx] correctly used?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You realize this is a forum for Altera devices.

0 Kudos