Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Max V 5M160ZE64C5 does not contain GND pins

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Max V 5M160ZE64C5 does not contain GND pins in orcad symbol olb, nor in quartus pin planner. we (at my work ) discussed this problem and came to result that this is a new quantum CPLD which doesnt needs potential difference to have EMF. and has no need to have GND pins. and it doesn't need to be soldered on a circuit board since it floats in the air and sometimes tunnels through walls so its a little drawback of the new technology but guys at altera will handle it pretty soon :))))))))) 

no seriousely! ; it doesnt have GND pins. it has vccio 1 and vccio2 but doesnt have GND at all. whats going on?
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

According to the pin-out file, "The E64 package has an exposed pad at the bottom of the package. This exposed pad is a ground pad that must be connected to the ground plane on your PCB. 

This exposed pad is used for electrical connectivity and not for thermal purposes."
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

aaaAAH! thank you! and one more question; i cant find package dimension blueprints for any of altera products. for example this exposed pad; how wide is it? how long is it..? what is the package pin's length? how long is interval between pins? is there a place where i can download these blueprints?

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Did you review the package datasheet? http://www.altera.com/literature/ds/pkgds.pdf

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

..ow! thank you! thanks very much.

0 Kudos