Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

MotionFire NIOS II simple program

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there, 

I'm student of Automatics and Robotics in Poland, and I have problem with MotionFire platform. I have examples which i get with board but it's just don't work, NIOS II can't build their files I'm so frustrated and tired of looking and try to solve problems, which i have while compiling NIOS processor under Quartus II 10.0 and 9.1. Thier instruction is just piece of **** because I think They only write it and did't check if it's work fine. 

And there are my question did anyone have succesfully run application under NIOS II which for example run motor on this board?? I'm afraid that I will need to read all C code files which was given with board. Could anyone help me??
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I see no one have any idea how to run Motor under NIOS on MotionFire platform... I don't understand people who work for Altera and give idea of something which doesn't work fine....

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi kris2288, 

You should contact MotionFire people for technical support. 

We have COTS Motor Control IP running on NIOS and available for MotionFire board, but unfortunately not offered to academic market. 

You can have a look at our Motor Control IP for Altera FPGA on Alizem website. 

Good luck in your project.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My PhD contact with them they replay that they will write working application under Quartus 10.0 but since then no answer from MotionFire.eu

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Ok, good luck. 

Regards,
0 Kudos