Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20705 Discussions

Multiple directories for multiple instances

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

I am using a 2 PCIe hard IP which differ in settings in the platform designer. When I generate HDL, I see a common folder for both the IP. 

The reason being a bug is there in the logic of PCIe which has to be implemented differently for each instance. 

How can I generate a separate folder for each IP? 

Thanks, 

Vijey
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Vijey, 

When you generate the IP, a window will pop up asking where to save the IP. You can choose any folder you want. Hope this helps. 

Kind regards, 

Lijo
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Lijo, 

Thanks for the reply but I did not understand what you intend to convey.  

I have 2 IP in Qsys with different settings. When I give generate HDL, it generates for the entire system.In the process only one folder is created for 2 instances and they are passing the parameters differently from the top file. Since I have a bug in addressing of IP I have to fix them individually instead of using the same file. 

Any solution to generate two separate folders for the same IP of multiple instances used in the same design? 

Thanks, 

Vijey
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi Vijey, 

Can't you have two Qsys files and connect them together after instantiating in your top file? This way, you will have two different folders for your Qsys and thereby the IPs.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You don't say whether you are using Standard or Pro, but even though a single folder is used for the same IP, there are separate files for the different parameterizations. What is the reason why you want to separate things? 

As mentioned, you could have two .qsys files and add one as a subsystem of the other.
0 Kudos