Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Multiple windows opening in Modelsim Student version

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hii...I am using MODELSIM student edition 10.4a. Every time I am trying to open a .vhd file within the program from project window, multiple  

windows open... how do i fix it? I have tried to restart the program and reboot the pc as well but nothing worked. Also I have tried to reinstall the MODELSIM, which also didnt work. Please help me with this. 

Thanks and regards!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi,  

I allso had this issue. Which OS do you use? Sadly i did not find solution how to fix this. Only thing that worked for me to avoid multiple windows opening is every time I open Modelsim I change default program which opens .vhdl files to notepad and back to Modelsim. For me it works until modelsim is closed.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi,  

I allso had this issue. Which OS do you use? Sadly i did not find solution how to fix this. Only thing that worked for me to avoid multiple windows opening is every time I open Modelsim I change default program which opens .vhdl files to notepad and back to Modelsim. For me it works until modelsim is closed. 

--- Quote End ---  

I am using windows 8. After deleting all registry files and again installing MODELSIM worked for me.
0 Kudos