Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

My .bdf file crashes Quartus Prime, can it be recovered ?

MCarl21
Beginner

New Quartus user, using a MAX V development board for a quick project. I've spent many hours working with the software, have flashed the board countless times.... hit the compile arrow, program crashed, now will open project but will not allow me to open the bdf, trys but then crashes.... not sure what to do next, would hate to rebuild all that was lost. Any help would be appreciated.

MSC

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know the software edition(Pro/Standard) and version you are using? Can you upgrade to the latest version of the software and see if the error is fixed?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
MCarl21
Beginner

Thanks for your reply KhaiY_Intel, but I managed to recover the file. The file was actually about 3/4 finished when somehow it simply ended, I was working remotely via a VPN connection to a shared drive down at the office, so that may have had something to do with it. Using Notepadd++ , I was in the section where the point to point connections are called out, my file ended with ( CONNECTOR (pt xxx yyy) and then nothing else. It should have been (CONNECTOR (pt xxx yyy) (pt xxx yyy)). I simply removed the last unfinished connection , and the file was able to load. There were a number of connections missing in the schematic, but the majority of my work was there. I now also work on the local drive, making backup copies every hour or so to a thumb drive. To answer your question, I was running the Lite version of Quartus Prime 19.1

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It seems like the issue is resolved by removing the unfinished connection in the design.

I’m glad that the root cause is found and the error is fixed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos