Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
Announcements
Need Forum Guidance? Click here

Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
19071 Discussions

Need Clarificaiton on Cyclone 10 GX Pin Tolerance Table

mindchasers
New Contributor I

Looking at Table 99 of the Cyclone 10 GX Fabric and IO Handbook, I'm confused by the stated requirements for 3V IO banks. 

The table shows a '-' for "Drive to GND" and "Drive to VCCIO" for the Power Up condition. 

'-' means  Not Applicable. 

What's the requirement for this bank?  Is the table conveying that the 3V I/O pins can not have a voltage applied to them during power up, or does the '-' mean that there is no requirement and any voltage within the maximum and minimum are permitted?

Also, it's strange that app note AN692 discusses specifically the 1.8V I/O and transceiver I/O for an unpowered FPGA but leaves out 3V I/O.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The table is meant to depict the conditions when 'Hot-Scoketing' may be acceptable and what unpowered pins can tolerate.

The way I read the table is, for 3VIO banks 'Hot-Socketing' is Not Applicable. So, an unpowered 3VIO bank pin should NOT be driven to GND/VCCIO externally during power-up. During power-down, the unpowered pin and still be driven to GND but not VCCIO.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you