Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

New EPCQ128ASI16N release time

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, because of some EPCQ devices will be EOL 

I have two questions about it. 

1. When EPCQ128ASI16N can be bought from agents or distributors? 

2. Could EPCQ128ASI16N be supprted by old version of Quartus II, for example 11.0, 13.1, etc.. 

thank you! 

Ken
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

For question# 1, that does not look like a valid part# to me. Trying getting rid of the 'A' (EPCQ128SI16N). That part# is readily available. 

Not sure about question# 2 but I assume the answer is yes.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thank you for your reply. 

1. According to document "PDN1708", EPCQ128ASI16N is an alternative device of EPCS128SI16N. 

2. There is a sentence in "PDN1708": "Support for alternative devices will be included in version 17.1 of Quartus Prime". 

This is why I want to make sure that EPCQ128ASI16N is supported in old version Quartus.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you look at the datasheet for this family the part number you seek is not listed. It is not outside the realm of possibility that some Altera documents have errors and/or are out of date. I would trust the datasheet first and foremost. I highly recommend that you call Altera/Intel or your local distributor to find out what the truth is.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I finally looked at PDN1708. EPCQ128ASI16N does appear to be the correct part# going forward. In fact the EPCQ128SI16N part number (without the 'A') is being discontinued and replaced by EPCQ128ASI16N. Very odd that the new part numbers are nowhere to be found yet other than in this PDN document.

0 Kudos