Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20703 Discussions

Oscilloscope, Signal Generator and Altera DE2-115

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello there, 

I am new here, and I would like to know how I can couple an Signal Generator in some input of the board? How can I do this? 

And I would like to couple in some output a Oscilloscope, How Can I do that too? 

The pourpose of my class work is use a Neural Network to detect a harmonic distorcion implemented on FPGA and to do that I need to insert a input signal and in output see the waveform in a oscilloscope. 

Could you guys help me? 

Thank you so much. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Signals in which frequency range? If you're targeting to low frequency up to audio range, the on-board audio codec might be used for signal acquisition and generation. For high frequency range, an AD/DA daughter card would be needed.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

In Fact, I want to connect a signal generation ( function generation) on the board, I want want to know how can I do that? The frequency rabge is 60Hz. 

Att.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

60 Hz can be well processed by the audio codec (24 bit stereo ADC/DAC with up to 96 kS/s sampling rate). There's some design overhead by accessing the control register through I2C and setting up the serial digital audio interface. You have demonstration projects showing how to.

0 Kudos