Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20891 Discussions

PN EPM7160STI100-10 and EPM7256SRI208-10 EOL; Need Replacement

PM_
Beginner

Part numbers EPM7160STI100-10 and EPM7256SRI208-10 have been discontinued. Can you provide alternate parts for these two parts?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

Are you looking for a drop in functional replacement, or a next generation solution that will require a new PCB design?

If the former, you are out of luck. That series went EOL years ago. Microchip/Atmel offers a direct functional drop in
replacement for some members of the EPM7xxx series, but only 128 macrocells or smaller, and not a 208p package.
For reference it is the ATF1500 series of programmable CPLD parts. Functional clones of the Altera EPM7000 series.
Current production, and they have tools to translate Altera .POF files to their .JED program file format.
But as I mentioned above they don't support more than 128 macrocells nor do they have a 208p package option.

If the latter, it depends on what package options you require, what I/O and system voltages you want, and how much
redesign you are capable of doing. I would have to assume you have the source verilog/vhdl, else you are going to be
in a bit of a pickle as is said.

You might want to look at either the MaxII, MaxV, or Max10 series parts that are in production now and will be for years.

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your informative response. I've tried searching other OEMs to see if 160 to 256 macrocells exist but could not find any. I just would like to confirm that you are saying that 160 to 256 macrocells will not exist anywhere including not with Intel/Altera correct? I have attached our preferences in attributes. Are you able to suggest any parts from the MaxII, MaxV, or Max10 series that are close to matching our preferred attributes?

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi, I've looked over the MaxV series and saw that 100-TQFP and 144-TQFP seem to be close options. Can you provide all of the available part numbers for this series?

Thanks, 

Patricia 

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

I would suggest that you start here:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/content-details/654699/max-v-device-family-overview-max-v-device-handbook-section-i-chapter-1.html

the MaxV overview and feature summary datasheet, including the part number builder and ordering options

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi thanks, I took a look, and it seems 5M240Z, 5M570Z, and 5M1270Z could be close to what we are looking for. Would you be able to verify the following attributes for all of these. I am having trouble with understanding the information written in the handbook, and I just want to make sure I am reading it correctly. I also was not able to find the package dimensions:

Package size (dimensions)

Operating Supply voltage

Technology 

Power

Speed Grade

Operating Temperature

Max Operating Frequency

Propagation delay

Delivery package

Memory type

# of usable gates

Macrocells

# of Logic array blocks

# of user I/O pins

Density (# or High/Low)

Thanks for your help with this,

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi,

Also I am uncertain as to what C4, C5, and I5 stand for in the tables. I have attached an image of what I am referring to:

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

That two letter code is a combination of the operating temperature range (C=commercial, I=industrial, A=automotive)
and the speed grade (5=normal, 4=faster, 3=fastest, etc).

From the datasheet ordering info page:

maxv.jpg

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi, 

Can you provide a list of all the available 5M240Z, 5M570Z, and 5M1270Z parts? It would be great if you could share this via an excel file.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Below attached the link for the product table of MAX V.

Link : Intel® Max® V CPLD - Intel® FPGA

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
PM_
Beginner

Hi, 

Yes, this does help. Thank you for your informative Reponses, we have decided to go with your Max V series.

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, Please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos