Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20684 Discussions

PS(Passive Serial) configuration with third part Microprocessor

KFL
Beginner

Hi ,

I want to use a  third part Microprocessor to help FPGA(cyclone10 GX) Configurate in PS(Passive Serial) mode,but I  encounter somes problem.

1. Because, MaxV device have PFL IP on it, PFL can  send uncompressed data to FPFA .

So, If I want to use a  third part Microprocessor send the configuration data, How can I genarate a correct PS configuration data?

For example,  I have to check device and pin options in quartus, before generateing   PS configuration data . What options I have to enable  ?

2. How should the MCU send data to the FPGA, after programble a correct PS configuration data in Flash ? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

You can refer to Cyclone 10 GX handbook for more information;

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683775/current/passive-serial-configuration.html

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
KFL
Beginner

Hi, Aiman

We can know PFL IP help Uncompressed Data , the information come from Figure 13 and 14 in Parallel Flash Loader Intel® FPGA IPUser Guide.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683698/21-1-19-1-0/using-enhanced-bitstream-compression.html

Before genarateing configuration data in .hex , we can do some setting  device and pin options in quartus.

But, I don't have PFL IP. Does the setting have to be adjusting ?  

For example, there is a option  called '' Generate compressed bitstreams''  , if I enable it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If using third party microprocessor, you will need to contact their support team to help for this case. We are not able to provide information about third party.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos