Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Parallel Flash Loader for MAX V

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hallo 

I am trying to use the Parallel flash loader (IP) core for configuration of my FPGA using a flash device and MAX V CPLD. I have read the application note and have a understanding how to do it. The problem i am facing is in creating and compiling the PFL ip core. The application note says  

"Create new MAX V design, instantiate the PFL Megafunction in MAX V design, and create pin assignment".  

this is the part that is not working for me . How do i create a top-level design with the PFL component only? Can any one give me an example project where i can compile the PFL ip core and see how to set a MAX V project in Quatras and so on. I do all my FPGA design in Simulink and use the Altera Quatras synthesis tool to create the project and then export it directly to Altera to create the .sof file.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

You create a project in Quartus and then add the IP from the IP catalog. Here is the user guide: 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_pfl.pdf
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi sstrell 

thanks for the suggestion. I managed to do it and compile the PFL megafunction for my MAX V design. Can you please suggest me how to write a SDC file to constrain the paths. i tried using the SDC file that i wrote for my FPGA, but that does not constrain my paths. I can see from the PFL user guide that i have to set some false paths for the asynchronous paths. Can you please suggest me how to do it. i am attaching my sdc file that i wrote for the FPGA design.
0 Kudos