Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20680 Discussions

Parser for (Altera) FPGA programming files

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I've created a small parsing utility that shows the contents of some Altera (+ others??) .SOF/.POF/.RBF/.JIC/.RPD files. 

It's a very rudimentary experimental tool but it can show some of the contents of theses files (CRCs, checksums, flags, etc...) 

Sometimes it can help people understand why their files fail programming, etc. 

There's little information available on this (proprietary) topic so if you have anything to add or correct, or find a file that doesn't process, please leave a msg. 

(I've tested it against 100s of examples but the combinations are endless so it will break sooner or later...)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

I've created a small parsing utility that shows the contents of some Altera (+ others??) .SOF/.POF/.RBF/.JIC/.RPD files. 

It's a very rudimentary experimental tool but it can show some of the contents of theses files (CRCs, checksums, flags, etc...) 

Sometimes it can help people understand why their files fail programming, etc. 

There's little information available on this (proprietary) topic so if you have anything to add or correct, or find a file that doesn't process, please leave a msg. 

(I've tested it against 100s of examples but the combinations are endless so it will break sooner or later...) 

--- Quote End ---  

Kaspersky has flagged the zipped executable to carry a virus: HEUR:Trojan.MSIL.Generic
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Thankx for the warning. I think (it's a false positive and) the reason is because I used the packer. 

I'll try to rebuild it differently.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Kaspersky has flagged the zipped executable to carry a virus: HEUR:Trojan.MSIL.Generic 

--- Quote End ---  

Sorry, next time I'll change the packer. 

You can go to virustotal and decide for yourself.
0 Kudos
MP57
Beginner

Hello,

would it be possible to obtain the source code of this program or the algorithm to calculate the checksum of RBF files?

Thank you.

0 Kudos