Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Pin "K3" of FPGA "10M25DAF484"

nakamura_kimi
Beginner

Dear,

I am going to change "10M50DAF484" to "10M25DAF484".
According to product manual,
the pin "K3" of FPGA "10M25DAF484" is "NC" and the pin is "GND" for "10M50DAF484".

The report of Qurtus says "No Connect. This pin has no internal connection to the device."

Is it possible to stay "GND" ?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MBenca
New Contributor I

Hi Nakamura_kimi,
I would recommend to look to the similar thread: Will the 5CEFA4U19 chip work without some power pins connected as suggested by the Quartus migration feature.
I would recommend to look to Intel MAX 10 FPGA Device Family Pin Connection Guidelines (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/dp/max-10/pcg-01018.pdf).
There is the following fragment as an explanation of NC pin, section Reference Pins, p.12:
Pin Name = NC, Pin Type = No Connect, Pin Description = Do not drive signals into these pins. Connection Guidelines = When designing for device migration, these pins may be connected to power, GND, or a signal trace depending on the pin assignment of the devices selected for migration. However, if device migration is not a concern, leave these pins floating.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello Nakamura,

Has your question been resolved?

Thanks

0 Kudos
nakamura_kimi
Beginner

Hello

It was almost resolved.

Thank you

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos