Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20642 Discussions

Please tell me, about Quartus Prime Ver UP.

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

My PC instelled Quartus Prime 15.1 , but I need change it, want to Quartus Prime 16.1.:confused: 

I must Quartus Prime 15.1 uninstall → 16.1 full install? 

or Quartus Prime 15.1 as it is,Quartus Prime 16.1 install?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you have enough disk space, you can leave 15.1 installed and install 16.1 beside it (assuming you want to have access to either 15.1 or 16.1). 

Or just uninstall 15.1 if you don't plan to use it after 16.1 is installed (which I assume is likely the case). 

For legacy device support, I have both 13.0sp1 and 16.0 installed, and just play with ENV variables to select which version I need to use for a particular design.
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

If you are using University Program, you can select the version of the University program that correspond to the Quartus version in your PC. Just choose the version from the drop down box

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

If you have enough disk space, you can leave 15.1 installed and install 16.1 beside it (assuming you want to have access to either 15.1 or 16.1). 

Or just uninstall 15.1 if you don't plan to use it after 16.1 is installed (which I assume is likely the case). 

For legacy device support, I have both 13.0sp1 and 16.0 installed, and just play with ENV variables to select which version I need to use for a particular design. 

--- Quote End ---  

Thankyou,ak6dn. My PC is new,and maybe 15.1 is useful, but 16.1 is boss instruction. I worry unexpected events,can not use QuautusPrime. 

Ver.UP is scard. 

Boss instruction
0 Kudos