Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20689 Discussions

Powering Cyclone 10LP low-voltage version (Vcore=1.0V) with 1.2V?

REics
New Contributor I

Can I use the low-voltage versions as drop-in replacement for the standard versions, i.e. power them with 1.2V core voltage? The datasheet is not very clear about this. I want to do this because at the moment only the 1.0V devices are available.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out and yes you can do 1.2V operation. The reason why there is two rows on page 6 is because that is the value of the range it could be. Let's say in row 1.2 V operation the value can be in any range of 1.15 V - 1.25 V within the device. Does that make sense? Both Z and Y can work on 1.2 V. Hope this clarifies.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

You are referring to Vcc core voltage. The maximum range of Vcc is 1.21 V. Thus, you can power them with 1.2 V core voltage based on the guideline on page 4: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-10/c10gx-51002.pd

Thank you

0 Kudos
REics
New Contributor I

Thank you - however your datasheet is referring to the Cyclone 10 GX whereas I am using the LP.
The LP datasheet says VCCINT max=1.8V  for "Absolute Maximum Ratings" which is fine, but I confused because on p.6 "Recommended operating conditions" it has two rows, one for 1.0V operation and one for 1.2V operation.

Would it be safe to assume that only "Z" (low-voltage) devices are guaranteed to work with 1.0V but both "Z" and "Y" devices will work fine at 1.2V? If they are made from the same Die then I would guess so.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Thanks for pointing that out and yes you can do 1.2V operation. The reason why there is two rows on page 6 is because that is the value of the range it could be. Let's say in row 1.2 V operation the value can be in any range of 1.15 V - 1.25 V within the device. Does that make sense? Both Z and Y can work on 1.2 V. Hope this clarifies.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AminT_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos