Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Quartus II: Newbie help needed

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi there 

I'm a complete newbie; and don't really know what I doing yet :( 

I downloaded Quartus II 13.0 (32 bit) awhile back and after experiencing problems with (Programmer) reading Jtag! I decided to try and workout where I was going wrong through watching related videos on Youtube.  

After watching a few videos on the 'wizard' topic? I noticed at the 'family & device' section? I was having a problem with the set-up wizard. I can only seem to select "arria ii gx" whereas the videos I watched had the more devices available.  

I have board here fitted with an MAX7000. I was hoping to tinker with it; and possible learn the basics. 

Is there a limitation on the free software I am using? As I've followed the YT video instructions. 

Thanks 

ps Quartus detects my USB Blaster/driver installed.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Yes there is difference check the link. 

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_us/pdfs/literature/po/ss_quartussevswe.pdf 

But quartus 13.0 web edition supports MAX700. 

1.While downloading the quartus have you selected all devices? 

2.Or download the devices library (.qdz) and using quartus->tools->install device (select the directory where .qdz files are there). 

Best Regards, 

Anand Raj Shankar 

(This message was posted on behalf of Intel Corporation)
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi 

Thank you for the quick reply :D 

Yes I am using the web version. I think: I previously didn't down load the devices (due to additional file size/loader access). I am downloading everything again (fresh set-up). 

Thank you for your time and help.
0 Kudos