Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20645 Discussions

Quartus VHDL text editor copy/paste broken

leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Hello,

I'm using Quartus 21.1 Standard build 842 with patch 0.01 and 0.07 and when I copy some code and I paste it, is actually pasted twice or more. Never happened with previous releases.

I think this is a bug, do you know if there is a patch available?

Thank you

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Has this issue occur with Quartus 21.1 Standard build 842 without any patch installed previously?

Which patch that you have install?

Which OS system that you are using?

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Patch 0.01 and 0.07

Windows 10 Pro build 19044

0 Kudos
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Sorry but I never used the software without the patches, I don't know

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have installed the Quartus with specific patch and I do not see the issue from my side. Is this issue happen in Quartus software only or happen in other forms, Word or text files?

Could you try to reboot/restart your machine and see if the issue persists?

Else, I will try to uninstall/install the Quartus.

0 Kudos
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Hello,

I recorded a video while copying the text "rtl" with the keyboard (CTRL+C) and pasting it.

As you can see is pasted twice.

On the right I recorded all Windows messages with Spy++ to be sure that the COPY / PASTE shortcut was pressed once.

Any guess?

Thank you,

Leonardo

0 Kudos
leonardo_forum
New Contributor I

Hello,

Only happens in Quartus, I tried to reinstall / reboot but the issues is still there.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I able to duplicate it and confirm this seems to be a bug.

If you right-click and copy then it works fine.

I will feedback to the engineering team on this.

0 Kudos
jozephka99
New Contributor II

I have a similar issue in Quartus Prime Lite 20.1.1 Build 720 in Ubuntu 18.04. Sometimes ctrl+c doesn't work. Rigth click and paste works.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

@jozephka99 I do not have a problem with copying text in the Quartus Lite 20.1 Build 720 though. Perhaps try re-install the Quartus.

Is this issue occur in Quartus standalone or also seen in other software?

0 Kudos
jozephka99
New Contributor II

It is not happening all the time. Yes it is happening in Quartus but sometimes it fails to copy the lines with ctrl+c, sometimes not. I used several Quartus versions before but all have same issue. Did you try it in Ubuntu?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I tested it in the RHEL as it is a Linux system. If want to test in ubuntu 18.04, I might need some time to set it up.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

@jozephka99 I tested the Quartus Lite 20.1 Build 720 in ubuntu 18.04 and do not see any of the shortcut ctrl+c/ctrl+v or ctrl+ins/shift+ins not working.

0 Kudos
jozephka99
New Contributor II

Thank you for working on that case. Idk why it happens to me, may be it is Ubuntu's problem but I have this issue. Ctrl+c works generally but sometimes between different Quartus projects (opened in multiple Quartus applications) or between Quartus and other appllications it doesn't work.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

If the issue re-occurs, you can right-click and copy as a workaround.

With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos and select the best solution. 

0 Kudos