Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20677 Discussions

QuestaSim license: Invalid license environment error

Cristian_UNSJ
Beginner

I've installed the 'Questa Intel FPGA Edition-64'. I've got the license.dat file (attached).

When executing ./vsim, I got the following error:

cristian@Phoenix:/opt/tools/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/questa/questa_fe/linux_x86_64$ ./vsim
Unable to checkout a license. Make sure your license file environment variable (SALT_LICENSE_SERVER, MGLS_LICENSE_FILE, LM_LICENSE_FILE)
is set correctly and then run 'lmutil lmdiag' to diagnose the problem.
Unable to checkout a license. Vsim is closing.
** Error: Invalid license environment. Application closing.
In the .bashrc I've: 
export LM_LICENSE_FILE=/usr/local/share/license.dat
I'm running a single node lock single, that's why I'm just using the LM_LICENSE_FILE setting in the .bashrc file. 

Machine OS Information: 
cristian@Phoenix:~$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID: Ubuntu
Description: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Release: 22.04
Codename: jammy

Quartus Version: 
cristian@Phoenix:/opt/tools/intelFPGA_pro/22.2/questa/questa_fe/linux_x86_64$ vsim -version
Questa Intel FPGA Edition-64 vsim 2022.1 Simulator 2022.01 Jan 29 2022

At this moment I just need to run simulations, therefore, no Queatus Prime is installed. 

I'll appreciate your quick response. 

Crisitan 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Welcome to Intel forum. Per my understanding, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is not an officially support OS for Questa. An unsupported platform means that some things may work, but others not, and we won't put any resources into debugging or diagnosing. For more details refer the below link,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/programmable/support-resources/design-software/os-support.html?wapkw=operating%20system%20support

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos