Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20641 Discussions

Questions about RapidIO II IP core

eagles
Beginner

Hello!

I am trying to use Rapidio II IP core to establish SRIO communication between FPGA and DSP. Here are some questions I have met:

pic1.png

Question 1

Are these signals used by users to transmit data packets?

Question 2

I notice that these signals belongs to an avalon-st sink. Should I create an avalon-st source by myself to send the data packets to him? If so, must this avalon-st source be created by Qsys or platform designer?

Question 3

The signal gen_tx_data is 128bits. Is the maximum bit width of a data packet only 128 bits?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Below is the answers for your questions:

1. Yes, those are the Pass-Through Interface Signals
  2. The Avalon-ST pass-through interface is an optional interface that is generated when you select the Avalon-ST pass-through interface in the Transport and Maintenance page of the RapidIO II parameter editor.
  3. Yes, only 128 bits.

For more details, please refer to Rapid IO II UG.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683444/20-3/avalon-st-pass-through-interface-91575.html

Regards,

Pavee

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Below is the answers for your questions:

1. Yes, those are the Pass-Through Interface Signals
  2. The Avalon-ST pass-through interface is an optional interface that is generated when you select the Avalon-ST pass-through interface in the Transport and Maintenance page of the RapidIO II parameter editor.
  3. Yes, only 128 bits.

For more details, please refer to Rapid IO II UG.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/docs/programmable/683444/20-3/avalon-st-pass-through-interface-91575.html

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

Just wanted to check with you, is your concern has been addressed?

If yes , kindly do let me know.

Thank You

Regards,

Pavee

0 Kudos
eagles
Beginner

Hi,

My questions has already solved because of your answer. I've already accepted your solution. 

Thank you very much!

Regards

0 Kudos
Paveetirra_Srie
Employee

Hi,

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. 

If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts.

Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. 

Thank you.

0 Kudos