Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20640 Discussions

RTL Viewer -> how report a net/signal connectivity through hierarchies

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

How to report a net/signal connectivity through hierarchies?

How to report the drive/driven logic of the net/signal?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

You can right-click any net or object in the RTL viewer and filter on the source, destination, or both of the selected item.  Is that what you're looking for?

amildm
Valued Contributor I

yes, I'm getting a graphical representation of RTL with a sources and destinations of the given signal... But could I also get a textual report about all these source and destination signals?  I'm about the back/forward tracing report for the given signal.

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

Textual report?  Not sure what you mean.  Like a list of sources or destinations?  View menu -> Properties.

amildm
Valued Contributor I

No, 'View -> Properties' only shows the properties of the selected object, it doesn't list the "sources and destinations".

Under "Textual Report" I meant a list of the "sources and destinations" in the text format.

1.jpg

0 Kudos
amildm
Valued Contributor I

still waiting to somebody response.... how to generate a textual (text file) report attached find all the sources (drivers) and destinations (leaf logic) from the RTL viewer... Does Quartus support this feature?

0 Kudos
ShengN_Intel
Employee

Hi amildm,

Can't find any related feature for that. Most likely the feature you mentioned above is not supported by Quartus yet.

Best regards,
Sheng

0 Kudos