Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Rapid re-Compilation -> design database is not found

amildm
Valued Contributor I

Hi All,

While a Rapid Recompilation I'm receiving the following error:

"Error(20279): Rapid Recompile could not locate a design database from a previous compilation on disk. Perform a successful Full Compilation before requesting Rapid Recompile and make sure intermediate snapshot writes are enabled with the Enable Intermediate Fitter Snapshots assignment"

This error appears every time I'm trying to do a Rapid Recompilation. What's the problem? Why Quartus cannot find the design database from the previous compilation?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

2) Yes, exactly.

3) Assignments -> Settings -> Compiler Settings

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

First, what version of Quartus (Pro I presume) are you using?  In recent versions, RR is really only for making changes to Signal Tap.

Also, as the error states, have you enabled Fitter snapshots before performing a full compilation?  They are disabled by default (for some reason).

amildm
Valued Contributor I

1) I'm using Quartus Pro v19.3

2) "In recent versions, RR is really only for making changes to Signal Tap" - what do you mean "only changes in SignalTap"? Adding/removing signals, trigger types, etc?

3) "have you enabled Fitter snapshots before performing a full compilation" - how can I do so?

0 Kudos
sstrell
Honored Contributor III

2) Yes, exactly.

3) Assignments -> Settings -> Compiler Settings

RichardTanSY_Intel

It seems that sstrell have provided the answer to your inquiries. Do you need further help in regards to this case?

RichardTanSY_Intel

I’m glad that your question has been addressed. With that, I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos.