Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Read EEPROM from FPGA

CLa_R
Novice

Ok, this is not a question strictly related to a FPGA.

I am trying to read an SPI EEPROM 25LC1024. I can't.

I'm using different SPI Master component all Open source, and I make and remake unsuccessfull a FSM for read this EEPROM.

Where could I find a master SPI and an example of FSM (possibly in VHDL) for this EEPROM? I'm only interested in reading single bytes, not writing!

Thanks to all!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CLa_R,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Unfortunately we do not have design example with fsm, however maybe you can refer to the spi master design here and found a guide from microchip which hopefully get you started.

Best Wishes
BB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CLa_R,

Thank you for posting in Intel community forum, hope this message find you well and apologies for the delayed in response.
Unfortunately we do not have design example with fsm, however maybe you can refer to the spi master design here and found a guide from microchip which hopefully get you started.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CLa_R,

Good day, just checking in to see if there is any further doubts in regards to this matter.
Please do let us know.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos
BoonBengT_Intel

Hi @CLa_R,

Hope this message find you well and good day, unfortunately as we do not receive any response from you to the previous clarification that we have provided. This thread will now be transitioned to community support. If you have new queries, please feel free to open a new thread to get support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will further help you with doubts in this thread.

Best Wishes
BB

0 Kudos