Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20803 Discussions

Replacement Part for EP3C25Q240C8N

southao
Beginner

Hello,

Since Cyclone III EP3C25Q240C8N is unavailable, I need to find a FPGA that can be used as a drop-in replacement. Is there any other FPGA that can fit in its footprint? We are looking to reuse a legacy board along with the same programming file and would prefer not to re-spin the board design due to cost and schedule impacts.

If there is no direct replacement for this part, which FPGA could be used that have the closest characteristics to the Cyclone III FPGA?

Thanks,

Sou

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

We do not​ have migration plan for Cyclone iii series device.

And we advise contact disty for your design requirements.

0 Kudos
southao
Beginner

Hi, 

Sorry I am a little confused with the response.  Are the Cyclone III devices still in production?  And what is disty?

Thanks,

Sou

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

Hi,

1. Production of Cyclone iii have stopped
  2. please consult local sales.

BR,

Mengzhe

0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor II

"Production of Cyclone III has stopped" HUH?

In this post from just the other day:

https://community.intel.com/t5/FPGA-SoC-And-CPLD-Boards-And/Will-the-CPLDs-ever-be-available-again/m-p/1463944#M24254

Your chart indicates the next EOL review for Cyclone III will be in 2032 ... 9 years from now.

So which is correct? Have you EOLed Cyclone III or plan to produce it until 2032?

0 Kudos
Mengzhe
Employee

'So which is correct? Have you EOLed Cyclone III or plan to produce it until 2032?'

I recheck the Product Specifications, sorry for previous mistake, Cyclone iii EP3C25Q240C8N is still active and that link shows we will check at that moment whether to EOL Cyclone iii.

BR,

Mengzhe

0 Kudos