Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20638 Discussions

Replacement for EP1K100QC208-1N

Isaac_G
Beginner

Is there anywhere I can find a reliable replacement for this chip with exact pinout and operation? I realize there may be an updated version, so I am looking for a dependable replacement for existing board design.

I have been purchasing aftermarket chips from Digikey and Mouser, but 75% are DOA.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Alberto_R_Intel

Isaac_G, Thank you for posting in the Intel® Communities Support.

We will be more than glad to help you with this matter. 

I just transferred this thread to the proper department. They will further assist you with this scenario as soon as possible.

Regards,

Albert R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
FvM
Valued Contributor III
Hello,
I don't expect that you find a suitable replacement. It's an old technology, some features like 5V input tolerance are no longer reproduced in recent devices. It's also an unrealistic idea to find a pin-compatible replacement. The next best idea is to solder an adapter board carrying the replacement logic to the PQFP footprint.
0 Kudos
_AK6DN_
Valued Contributor I

That part went EOL back in 2017, last order ship was listed as Dec 2017. That was almost *6* years ago.

As others have indicated, it is old 5V based technology which you will not find available anymore as new production.

Only as pulls from old equipment and salvaged parts, if then. You are going to need to redesign your board.

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. As per user '_AK6DN_' , it is old 5V based technology which you will not find available anymore as new production.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos
NazrulNaim_Intel
Employee

Hi,

As we do not receive any response from you on the previous question/reply/answer that we have provided, please login to ‘https://supporttickets.intel.com’, view details of the desire request, and post a feed/response within the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you on your follow-up questions.

Regards,

Nazrul Naim

0 Kudos