Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Replacement for Intel / Altera EPM570F256C5N

vankammen
Beginner

Experiencing a part allocation issue for the Intel / Altera EPM570F256C5N CPLD.  Any suggestions for a drop-in replacement?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Tried I temp vs C temp? Faster or slower speed grade?

Mouser has 2pcs of C3N in stock as of the time of this post. I suspect you want more than two tho. Lead time is listed as 53 weeks.

0 Kudos
vankammen
Beginner

I currently use commercial temp so it is possible to switch to industrial or automotive temp (with a cost penalty) - I will check with distributors on part availability.  

What would be the impact of changing the speed grade?  Would the I/O timing change at all if I moved to a faster speed grade?  The I/O timing is critical for my application.

0 Kudos
ak6dn
Valued Contributor III

Moving to a faster (or slower) speed grade will have a minor effect on the I/O timing. Mostly speed grade effects the internal core timing.

If your timing is really critical tho, I would rerun simulations using the alternate device timing info selected.

0 Kudos
Ash_R_Intel
Employee

Hi, If you are moving from slower to faster speed grade device, then there will be no risk from timing perspective.

For faster to slower device, you should re-run the Timing Analysis only for the new device to check if you have sufficient margins and all constraints are met or not.

A way to do that is to create a Timing Netlists for different speed grades in Timing Analyzer tool and check the performance.

Regards

Ash_R_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos