Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20688 Discussions

Require programming specification for EPM5064li

pNune1
Beginner

Hello All, I am looking for the programming specification for the EPM5064li,not the data sheet but the actual programming specifications so I can pass these onto the programmer manufacturer.

I need to program some of the older versions that use the 0.8 micron ,the programmer company has a version that will do the 0.65 version but it will not do the version I need.

Before telling me to upgrade ect, please note that this is for use in an aircraft part,and because of that I cant simply upgrade and rewrite as I desire, things need to be fit ,form and function compatible, I can use a Cypress CY7C343-30JI also in the 0.8 micron version

looking forward to any assistance you folks can provide

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi Paul,

May I know if you have NDA with Intel? This datasheet will need NDA. Could you private message me your NDA information if you haved sign it.

0 Kudos
pNune1
Beginner

Hello John

We dont have an NDA with Intel for this or any other Intel product, the programmer we purchased mentioned that it could program this IC, but when we went to use it, we noted a restriction to the later 0.65 micron version of the IC and would not cover the earlier 0.8 micron version which is what the design of the PCB calls out for.

I dont know what the major difference is between the 2 versions, but I do know when we insert the earlier version into the programmer, it does not allow any reading or recognition of the blank chip .

How can we proceed?

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
JohnT_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know which programmer tools and version are you using? If you are using Altera tools then could you share with me the full error message?

0 Kudos
sheawh
Novice

sorry to interrupt, I am also facing issue getting a programming specification. wonder if I can PM you for detail? we have signed NDA with intel before. 

0 Kudos