Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20693 Discussions

Simulate ADC MAX10

mmare6
Beginner

in several tutorials and examples the reset path is connected as in the picture.

symulacja Reset PLL Reset ADC_1.png

However, it doesn't work for me. if I set the reset to "true" PLL simulation does not start. If I set the reset to "false", the PLL simulation starts, however the ADC simulation does not work.

The simulation works if I disconnect PLL Reset Signal from ADC Reset Signal (platform designer), And next I assign this signal in test-bench file (with negation)

assign modular_adc_0_reset_sink_reset_n=!reset_reset_n;

My test-bench file looks like this:

initial begin reset_reset_n =1; assign modular_adc_0_reset_sink_reset_n=!reset_reset_n; clk_clk =0; #100000 modular_adc_0_command_valid =1; modular_adc_0_command_channel=0; reset_reset_n =0; end always #50000 clk_clk =!clk_clk; endmodule

the simulation works, but in the downloaded examples are different. Now I don't know what is correct ??

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mmare6
Beginner

I found that the platform designer generates such code

adcSys_modular_adc_0 modular_adc_0 ( .clock_clk (clk_clk), // clock.clk .reset_sink_reset_n (~rst_controller_reset_out_reset), // this reset negation

Platform Designer generate code with reset negation in ADC instance. Is possible edit this??

When I manually remove "~" compiler generate error:

Error (10228): Verilog HDL error at adcsys.v(6): module "adcSys" cannot be declared more than once  

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Can we arrange a skype call meeting to further understand the issue?

0 Kudos