Programmable Devices
CPLDs, FPGAs, SoC FPGAs, Configuration, and Transceivers
20704 Discussions

Source synchronous constrains

Lambert
New Contributor I

Hi all,

Current source synchronous design, like lvds output,  if clk_o and data_o are output through lvds ip Core, and the phase  between load_clk & serial clock of clk_o and load_clk & serial_clk of data_o can be adjusted by the reconfigurable exteral Pll method,  is there necessary to do the source synchronous constrains for the io interface? I think it's not necessary and the result will be okay. If need, will the source synchronous constrains be related to the frequency of clk_o?

Best regards,

Lambert

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Kenny_Tan

Yes, it is still needed. You may take a look at https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/mnl_timequest_cookbook.pdf page 9.

Unless you want to make your signal asynchronous, otherwise the constrain of IO wrt to clk is needed.

0 Kudos
Kenny_Tan

We do not receive any response from you to the previous answer that we have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
Lambert
New Contributor I

Hi KeenyT_Intel,

The link you provided is one system synchronous part, I want to reserch source synchronous topic, and I don't fine one principle that can be used for source synchronous, if the output frequency can change freedomly.

B.R.

Lambert

0 Kudos